Saturday 8 March 2014

Dreaming..

Have you ever had one night where it's physically impossible for you to lie down and sleep peacefully? That one night where, for some reason, you found yourself drinking a cup of milk at 3:00am? That one night where you fell off your bed attempting to get comfortable? 

Well, I recently did and let me tell you, I didn't feel like Sleeping Beauty at all. I woke up like a billion times after a billion different nightmares. It might be an exaggeration but it's true, not to the exact numbers though. I had this one dream where I was in a pond full of fish and I was lying on a fish and then, I woke up. I wonder what that means, I guess I need to see a psychiatrist to find out the answer! 

Let me tell you a little about myself, I am a freak. I live my life in a way in which I NEED to know everything. The true meaning behind a dream, a thought, a story, a life, a soul, anything and everything that I encounter throughout my short yet experienced life. I don't know whether that crazy gene is generically passed down or I developed it as I grew up but it's there, somewhere in my body and it's growing bigger and bigger as we speak. I am a neat freak, a perfectionist and, I guess, now, an insomniac that must know everything.   I researched what fish in dreams might be. Since I dreamt that I fell into a fish pond and I was lying on one which almost tried to kill me, the site www.dreammoods.com said that:

To dream that you fall into a clear pond signifies good fortune and reciprocal love.

To dream that an unusually large fish is attacking you suggests that you are avoiding some emotional issue that is growing into a huge problem.

This just proves how desperate I was to know the hidden meaning behind my crazy hallucination, we call, dreams. But if you actually read the two hidden meanings are the opposite. The first one says that I will experience good fortune and "love" and the other one says that I am avoiding an issue. 

As I mentioned before, I had quite a few dreams. The other dream I had was that I was in a shootout and there were three men in black suits trying to killing me. So according to the site, 

To dream that someone is shooting you with a gun suggests that you are experiencing some confrontation in your waking life. You feel victimised in a situation or that you are being targeted.

I know, crazy. But the more I thought about the meaning behind these, seemingly meaningless dreams, the more I wasted my time lying on my bed when I could have done so much more. I think that I was wasting too much time thinking about something that wasn't real than I was spending time with my friends or my family or doing work that could actually help me in life. 

“Dreams, if they're any good, are always a little bit crazy. ” 

3 comments:

  1. Dreams are very interesting indeed. I have always tried not to look in depth in my dreams because I find it kind of freaky. I often do not remember my dreams. Sometimes I will remember my dream(s) right when I wake but forget them in a few hours. If you close your eyes and focus on the dream you just had you will retain the dream and remember it. We always dream but we do not always remember our dreams. It is very interesting stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe dreams do have a meaning......Most of my dreams before the exam are that I missed my exam for some reason.....:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also know that many of our dreams contain incidents of our past lives. So if we write down our dreams sometimes we will be able to know our past lives. Dreams are very important, to understand them can result in knowing oneself.

    ReplyDelete